The purpose of this page is to list useful websites and online tools for professionals (legal experts, lawyers, notaries, judges, social workers, etc.) in the field of private international family law.
This list of links strives to be exhaustive and to eventually cover all existing organisations and measures in private international family law within the European Union. It is accessible to all professionals and private individuals struggling with a problem in international family law, whether they are resident in the European Union or elsewhere.
Creation of this list is based on participation and all suggestions of further resources are welcome.
Useful websites on private international law
A- Websites of international and regional organisations
- Refworld, https://www.refworld.org/, UNHCR, legislation, case law, recommendations
- International Court of Justice https://www.icj-cij.org/en, Principal judicial organ of the United Nations: decisions, publications and ongoing cases.
- The Hague Conference on Private International Law https://www.hcch.net International organisation for the promotion of private international law, (conventions, recommendations, publications and projects)
- Incadat, https://www.incadat.com/post-convention service provided by the HCCH, case law on child abduction.
- International Commission on Civil Status: http://ciec1.org/(ICCS conventions and recommendations and international practical guide to civil status)
- The AHJUCAF, the association of French-speaking supreme judicial courts https://juricaf.org/ (case law of the Supreme Courts, in French)
- Cross-Borders Family Mediators http://crossbordermediator.eu/
European Judicial Network in civil and commercial matters: networking of judicial authorities in EU countries, information on national law in EU countries and international, European and national procedures.
Summaries of EU legislation: explanation of the main legislative acts adopted by the European Union for a general non-specialist audience.
European Parliament: this site allows to follow all the activity of the European Parliament / V. eg. l’Œil (Legislative Observatory of the European Parliament): database of the European Parliament which allows to follow the decision-making process of the EU.
Toute l’Europe.fr : Touteleurope.eu is the reference site on European issues
Couples in Europe: the law of matrimonial regimes in 22 European countries
Successions in Europe: the law of successions in 22 European countries
Vulnerable persons in Europe: protection measures for minors and adults in 22 European countries.
- European Court of Human Rights
- HUDOC: database of case law of the European Court of Human Rights.
- Hague Academy of International law Related items (RCADI): https://www.hagueacademy.nl/publications-2/
B- National websites for private international law
- Jafbase : http://www.jafbase.fr/
- Legifrance– https://www.legifrance.gouv.fr – Links to the legal sites of the Member States of the European Union.
- French Society for International Law– https://www.sfdi.org/en/.
- Lexbase http://www.lexbase.fr
- Lextenso https://www.lextenso.fr/pack-notaire
- Droit en ligne com
- Lexis-Nexis –http://global.lexisnexis.com/fr
- Dalloz: https://www.dalloz.fr/
- AJ Famille
- Revue de droit international privé (Journal of private international law)
- Lextenso – https://www.lextenso.fr/pack-notaire
- Doctrinal plus
- Lamyline reflex: http://www.webstator.com/requete/lamy-reflex
- Max-Planck Institutfor Comparative Public Law and International Law – http://www.mpil.de/ww/en/pub/news.cfm
- The World Law Guide(Lexadin, The Netherlands) – http://www.lexadin.nl/wlg/
- Swiss Institute of Comparative Law https://www.isdc.ch/en/
- adde.be(onglet Publications): case law and doctrine
- IC2BE.eu: case law for uniform procedures
C- Websites with access to foreign lawCategorised by geographic location of websites:
- Legifrance https://www.legifrance.gouv.fr
Access to French law and case law, as well as to foreign legal sites and to the sites of national, European and international courts and legal sites of the Member States.
- Senate website: http://www.senat.fr/lng/en/index.html
- WWW Library : Islamic and Middle Eastern Law Materials on the Web: https://www.soas.ac.uk
- UK Legislation: https://www.legislation.gov.uk/
- British and Irish Legal Information Institute: https://www.bailii.org/
- Transparency Project (project to facilitate access to family law): https://transparencyproject.org.uk/
- Guide to family law disputes involving the EU post-Brexit: https://www.gov.uk/government/
- Belgiquelex: https://www.belgiquelex.be/crossroads bank for Belgian legislation of the federal public service of law
- Juridat: juridat.beportal of the judiciary in Belgium
- Reflex: http://reflex.raadvst-consetat.be/ database of legislative opinions and case law of the Council of State
- Belgian Constitutional Court: https://www.const-court.be/
- adde.be(onglet ressources)
Paid access websites
- Jura https://jura.kluwer.be/(case law, doctrine, legislation)
- Strada https://www.stradalex.com/ (case law, doctrine, legislation)
- Dutch Civil Law : http://www.dutchcivillaw.com/civilcodegeneral.htm
- Dutch Legislation : https://www.overheid.nl/
- OSCE database: https://www.legislationline.org/legislation
- N-Lex database (national sources of law of the member states of the European Union) : https://n-lex.europa.eu
D- Civil law cooperation projects supported by the European Commission
https://w3.abdn.ac.uk/clsm/eupillar/#/home: summaries of case law from EU member countries in European private international law
Other specialized support networks
- Euro-Mediterranean Women’s Foundation : https://www.euromedwomen.foundation/pg/en
- WAVE Network : https://wave-network.org/
- UN Women : www.unwomen.org
- PICUM : https://picum.org/members/
- United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees : www.unhcr.org
- European Council on Refugees and Exiles : https://ecre.org/
- International Organization for Migration : https://www.iom.int/
- UNICEF : https://www.unicef.org/
- Eurochild : https://www.eurochild.org/
- ENOC : https://enoc.eu/
- Defence for Children : https://defenceforchildren.org/fr/
- Child Rights Connect : https://childrightsconnect.org/
- NELFA (Network of European LGBTIQ+ Families associations) : http://nelfa.org/